Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yarn Letters



Another monogrammed-themed project, looks quite simple to the unknowing eye.  This original pin makes this craft look simple and seems like a great project to use up that old yarn that you have lying around. Don't knit or crochet?  (me neither)  Yarn is fairly inexpensive to pick up at your local store. 

So, I gathered my yarn, letters (I was doing "love") and hot glue in case I needed it.  What happened next doesn't happen to me very often.  I created a horrible craft.  I think if I had about 3 trials of how to wind the yarn and where to place it, I could have gotten this accomplished.  I also tried to do 4 letters, but only finished 1.75 of them after about 3 hours.  Needless to say, the craft is now in a plastic bag somewhere in my sewing room, hiding from view.

I give this craft 2 stars. 






 The time that it takes alone is too much for someone with children and a house to take care of.  I think had I only attempted one letter, I might have given it 3 stars. Even with one letter, the placement of the yarn is enough to overload your brain.  If you would like to attempt this craft, make sure you have LOTS of time and patience on hand:)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment